Mechanical Project Manager
Building Talent, LLC
- Charlotte, NC
- Responsible for managing the installation of HVAC and Plumbing that meets code requirements, budget, and on time installation.
- Initially assess the project to determine issues and conditions.
- Prepare initial assessment report for review by the client.
- Work with engineering team to develop scope of work for the project.
- Manage the equipment selection and procurement process, to include equipment comparisons and savings estimates.
- Negotiate and prepare vendor and subcontractor purchase orders and evaluate submittals to reflect scope of work and specifications.
- Oversee development of project schedule, and coordinate between contractor and client.
- Monitor/control construction through site visits, meetings, calls, and documentation to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings, assist in negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Prepare and manage financial aspects of contracts.
- Manage the project budget and communicate with the client on changes and variances.
- Keep all participants and stakeholders informed in order to bring the job in on time and under budget.
- Provide project closeout documentation.
- Build and maintain strong customer relations with contractors, vendors, and clients.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 yrs verifiable Project Management experience working in the areas of commercial HVAC and Plumbing.
- 4 Yr Degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, OR applicable field work experience in HVAC and Plumbing.
- Previous experience with building facilities (commercial, retail, residential, etc).
Monday, March 2, 2020