Building Talent, LLC
- Alameda, CA
A respected architectural firm is looking for a Job Captain for multi-family, mixed use or retail projects.
- Develop and maintain the trust and confidence of the client.
- Thoroughly understand the client's objectives.
- Ensure clients' needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Review renderings, drawings, etc. with client's creative team.
- Attend client meetings; create and distribute meeting reports to project team.
- Create space plan sketches with client's creative team, provide alternative design options and elaborate differences.
- Monitor and manage projects using Jira to track the progress and quality of work being performed.
- Communicate relevant project information to the client and project team to keep projects on schedule.
- Coordinate with client, consultants and the firm's team.
- Ensure quality of deliverables to client.
- Ensure all project action items are completed and documented.
- Keep PM's & Studio Director informed of changes in scope or schedule.
- Provide direction to junior staff on changes in scope or schedule.
- Provide corrections, revisions, red line changes and comments to junior staff.
- Be escalation point to resolve issues to determine feasibility of each project location.
- Implement ways to improve production methods
- Delegate work assignments based on project scope and team member's skill set.
- Manage the production of client deliverables on time and budget; identify extra services.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Pursue new opportunities.
- Attend client meetings and assist with determination of project requirements.
- Prepare project organization and communication matrix.
- Sign off on final client deliverable before issuing documents.
Typical PM Responsibilities Not Required
- Revise drawings per RFI's, bulletins, Addendums and plan check comments.
- Manage revenue projections and staffing projections.
- Assist with billing and collections for assigned projects.
- Assist with developing proposals and reviewing contracts.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Master or Bachelor degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design.
- Extensive experience in space planning, layouts, and resolving adjacency issues.
- Experience with Retail projects, fixture systems, overseeing a large number of small projects.
- Experience with CAD, Revit, InDesign, Illustrator.
- Merchandise strategies or international project experience is a plus.
Wednesday, October 16, 2019