Building Talent, LLC
- San Francisco, CA
We are currently seeking a motivated and self-starting leader to join our team as a Project Manager, with specific knowledge and skills in the design of urban, Class A Office Buildings. The Project Manager is responsible for one or more projects working under minimum supervision of a Principal. If you have the desire and the skills, we have the place for you to settle and grow.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Exhibits thorough understanding of complex building materials and systems, details and construction techniques, primary structural and MEPFP systems and their operation, and secondary building systems, with specific knowledge of Class A office buildings
- Exhibits thorough understanding of zoning, building code, and other regulatory requirements as they relate to the project and checks documents for compliance. Conducts conferences with regulatory officials and prepares strategies to address interpretative issues related to building regulations.
- When applicable, prepares initial fee proposals in conjunction with the Managing Principal and adheres to established scope of services. With participation of a principal negotiates additional services fees with Clients for additions to project scope and / or revised responsibilities.
- Exhibits a thorough knowledge of the Owner / Architect agreement, project schedule, and project budget parameters and organizes work activities to be in conformance. Takes responsibility for rectifying variances from established project goals. With participation of a Principal negotiates final Agreements with clients and consultants.
- Manages the financial performance of projects by proper allocation of resources, timely initiation and resolution of critical tasks, and effective decision-making.
- Supervises SCB staff during the construction phase of the project and attends progress review meetings in accordance with the Owner – Architect agreement. Reviews all requests for payment and change order proposals and certifies to Owner.
- Participates in strategic discussion with senior management on issues that affect the Firm’s performance, perception in the marketplace, client satisfaction and profitability.
- 5 or 6 year accredited professional degree in architecture. Requires 10+ years’ experience on large-scale Class A office buildings and other experience on Multi-Family Residential buildings, Hotels, and/or Higher Educational Facilities a plus. License preferred.
- Working knowledge of zoning ordinances and the process by which design solutions are quantified, illustrated and explained to approval authorities
- Working knowledge of AIA standard contracts and customary scope of services and standard of care provided by architectural firms
- Displays technical knowledge of building systems, material assemblies, and engineering concepts
- Professional manner and reputation for fair and consistent business dealings with all parties
- Proven leadership abilities and mature judgment
Wednesday, April 1, 2020