Building Talent, LLC
- Oakland, CA
A Strategic Communications and Environmental firm that works with clients to strengthen communities, address complex issues and improve our world, for over 30 years, is looking for a Controller. The firm is dynamic, driven by purpose and values inspiration, collaboration and adaptation.
The Controller will report to the President and will have the opportunity to help the firm scale its accounting infrastructure, supervise all accounting operations, and lead and develop the Accounting staff.
Monthly financial reporting, maintenance/reconciliation of general ledger accounts and supporting schedules, Deltek Vision administration, payroll, benefit management, cash management and project cost reporting. The Controller works with the CFO to prepare the annual budget, maintain key business relationships and provide ad hoc reports and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain books efficiently, timely and in compliance with federal and state tax regulations, GAAP and FAR
- Assist CFO and CPA to prepare and file tax returns
- Maintain fixed assets records and prepare property tax returns
- Establish and oversee effective invoicing, collections, payable and reporting systems
- Supervise Project Accountants to ensure accurate invoice processing, timely reporting and prompt collections
- Create, maintain and monitor cash management systems to ensure effective, efficient, timely and secure management of cash
- Prepare draft financial statements, projected P&L packages, and budget to actuals variance analysis for CFO review
- Assist CFO with financial forecasts and projections; audits; Share Based Compensation plan and reporting; stock offerings and shareholder repurchases
- Prepare resource management reports, including backlog, utilization, and labor cross-charge
- Prepare WIP reports and provide recommendations to minimize risk
- Develop and maintain accounting procedures manual for all staff
- Supervise, train and develop all accounting staff
- Coordinate with CFO and Project Accountants to monitor contract compliance, fees, and project budgets
- Control, administer and process payroll
- Oversee benefit management
- Oversee computer systems for financial transactions and reporting
- Negotiation of Key Expenses and Management of Costs
Education, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory or management position. Past employment in a similar role in an architectural, engineering or planning firm preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis in finance/accounting or extensive additional related industry experience.
- Must possess and demonstrate technical understanding in interpreting financial data and reports (budgets, financial statements, etc.)
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Ability to coordinate and direct activities in a corporate services function as they relate to leaders and managers.
- Experience working with federal, state and local government agencies preferred.
- Strong computer skills and experience with a proficiency in accounting software, preferably Deltek Vision, and MS Office suite.
Tuesday, March 12, 2019