A well respected SF Structural Engineer firm is actively seeking a structural designer to perform seismic bracing of MEP distribution systems and seismic anchorage of medical and MEP equipment for new construction and renovation/tenant improvement (TI) projects. Additional TI opportunities include metal stud framing design, design and coordination of architectural components and attachments, and minor retrofits.
This firm is one of the foremost engineering practices in California providing structural and geotechnical engineering. Established in 1960, they are committed to hands-on involvement with their clients and to maintaining a friendly and welcoming in-office atmosphere.
Their new building portfolio includes significant collaborations with internationally acclaimed architects on a variety of building types. They pride ourselves in their ability to provide creative and practical solutions that support great architectural visions. Their services also include seismic evaluations and retrofits of existing buildings. They have many new and exciting projects in the institutional and commercial sectors, here in the U.S. and abroad.
This firm offers a competitive salary and benefits package: medical, dental and vision insurance, paid personal time off, 401(k) plan, and continuing education allowance. They believe in genuine work-life balance and is an equal opportunity employer.
• Strong background in seismic design of nonstructural components per ASCE Chapter 13 and OSHPD CBC Chapter A
• A master's degree (preferred) or 5-year Architectural Engineering degree plus 1-3 years of related experience
• Self-motivation and enthusiasm
• Familiarity with OPMs and OSPs for OSHPD projects
• Skill using 3D modeling programs, such as Revit , AutoCAD 3D, and Navisworks; and additional computer programs, such as Mathcad and RISA
• Familiarity with Simpson CFS Designer or LG Beamer software
• Experience in construction administration
• Strong communication skills – verbal and written