A design-build firm in Sunnyvale is looking for an Accounting Manager.
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structures.
• Work with the auditors and ensure timely completion of annual audits
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
• Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
• Reporting to the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
• Ensure bill passing with reference to Contracts/Purchase Orders and Departmental approval/confirmation of Goods received
• Accurate and timely processing of accounts payable transactions.
• Ensure weekly, monthly and quarterly Bank reconciliations and inter-company reconciliations are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Monitors and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Responds to inquiries from the Management and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
• Ensure a clean and timely year- end audit.
• Periodical ledger scrutiny to ensure the correctness of account balances
• Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
• Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
• Handle account personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
• Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
• Liaise with tax consultants in to ensure timely compliance and filing of tax returns.
• 8-10 years of account finalization experience
• Proficiency in QuickBooks and preferably Sage ( Timberline)
• Daily accounting and finalization of accounts.
• Experience in preparing US GAP compliant account desirable
• Experience in Audit compliance
• Bank Reconciliation & Inter-company reconciliation
• Managing & Implementing accounting processes
• Coordination & management of team in the U.S. and India
• Attention to Detail