The Sr. Mechanical Engineer is responsible for project execution/management and design, securing mechanical projects through proposal preparation and attending business development meetings. Mechanical projects may include the planning and design of HVAC, piping/plumbing, solar thermal, forensic mechanical engineering, mechanical energy optimization, microturbine and other forms of alternative energy. The position could be an Associate Principal or Principal level, responsible for managing multiple persons and projects simultaneously. In the field Project/Construction Management.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Qualified candidates should have a Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or a similar field from an accredited university and a California Mechanical Professional Engineer (PE) License. Qualified candidates should have approximately 10 years of technical experience managing complex mechanical projects with an emphasis on mechanical optimization/retrofits, energy savings and energy efficiency; forensic mechanical engineering experience is also preferred. Candidates should have an understanding of electrical engineering as it relates to mechanical and solar systems. Experience and an interest in business development is highly preferred.
1) Be licensed in California
2) Licensed in Hawaii and Nevada (nice to have)
3) Have the ability to manage budgets, project manage, and perform high level design and oversight.
4) Ability to mentor future junior engineers
5) Solar and other energy efficient design and analysis experience ( a plus)
6) Ability to assist with the development of proposals, as well as, ability to properly price our consulting services
7) Experience level: 10 years plus
8) Due diligence experience - ability to assist existing systems and recommend repairs
9) Good handle of current construction and repair costs associated with mechanical work
10) Experience with working with both Private section and Public Sector Clients
11) DSA experience (a plus)
12) Litigation and forensic experience - experience studying failures and recommending solutions (a plus)
13) Hands on experience replacing boilers, chillers, building components, creating energy efficiency.
*Building Talent is a talent management firm sourcing candidates for Architectural, Engineering, Construction companies, and more. Here you will find the positions publicly advertised for our clients.
Building Talent gives businesses uncanny insights into prospective employees, existing staff, and leadership initiatives. We help make strategic shifts in how company's leverage their human assets through superior selection, recruiting new talent, and aligning leadership goals.