Building Envelope Consultant
Building Talent, LLC
- Seattle, WA
- Assist in building envelope design and construction document development.
- Undertake field review of both new construction and rehabilitation projects to confirm that the construction of the building envelope assemblies is proceeding in accordance with approved mock-ups and design documents.
- Prepare site visit reports and use this database to generate Action Lists of outstanding deficiencies and track their resolution.
- Undertake field testing of selected elements of building envelope assemblies to confirm compliance with specified performance standards (primarily water infiltration and air leakage) and prepare reports outlining results of these tests.
- Assist in field work associated with assessment of existing buildings and the preparation of building envelope assessment reports.
- Preform in-situ analysis of building envelope failures with documentation of findings.
- Assist in rehabilitation planning and budgeting.
- Assist in project management and coordination.
- Review design documents, shop drawings, and trade submittals prepared by third parties for conformance with good building practice with respect to water intrusion, air leakage, vapor diffusion, thermal performance and differential movement.
- Interface with clients, architects, general contractors and sub-trades.
- Participate in continuing education.
- Periodic out-of-state travel.
- Perform various office related tasks.
- Strong work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degrees or a technical college diploma in Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering Technology, Building Science or related field (or foreign education equivalent).
- Registered Architect (RA) or Engineering (P. Eng./PE) status an asset.
- At least three years’ experience in assessing, detailing, constructing and testing building envelope systems.
- Practical knowledge of flashing, waterproofing, roofing, cladding, rainscreens, air barriers, thermal barriers and other related systems.
- Experience performing forensic analysis of building envelope failures.
- Experience working on projects involving litigation is advantageous.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Excellent computer skills including competency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong verbal communication skills in English. Bilingual Spanish speakers is an asset.
- Proficiency in Bluebeam Revu.
- Proficiency in Revit Architecture is advantageous.
- Project Management skills necessary for managing multiple, concurrent projects.
- Organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks on multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong customer service commitment.
- Professional attitude with a strong commitment to succeed.
Thursday, January 23, 2020