The Technical Architect will coordinate and direct internal project teams, and coordinate with external consultants and contractors on medium to large-scale projects. We are seeking individuals to represent the firm’s mission and business interests in all phases of our work, and to mentor our younger staff. If you have the desire and the skills, we have the place for you to settle and grow.
• 5 or 6 year accredited professional degree in architecture. 10+ years experience on large scale, multi-disciplined projects. License preferred.
• Proficiency with Revit and familiarity with graphic illustration software programs such as 3D Studio Max, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project. Proficiency with New Forma preferred.
• Highly developed aesthetic sense in the use of materials, color, form, texture, proportion, composition
• Working knowledge of zoning ordinances and the process by which design solutions are quantified, illustrated and explained to approval authorities ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals including clients, consultants, code officials and construction trades
• Displays technical knowledge of building systems, material assemblies, and engineering concepts
• Ability to take charge and respectfully direct younger staff at all project stages
• Professional manner and reputation for fair and consistent business dealings with all parties
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven leadership abilities and mature judgment
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Organizes the work efforts of the firm's project team on a day to day basis and functions as the primary facilitator of communication with the Client and other members of the project team
• Is integral in the formulation of project design philosophy and adheres strictly to this philosophy in the execution of the work and in assignments to junior staff. Recognizes the qualitative goals set forth for each project and works toward achieving these goals while balancing design, technical and business objectives.
• Establishes detailed work plans to meet project milestones and continually monitors progress. Monitors the time spent by staff at all levels during all project phases and modifies the project work plan to conform with the fee, budget and schedule, or takes other action to correct situations where tasks extend beyond the project fee, budget and/or schedule.
• Directs and supervises work of junior level staff in preparation of drawings, studies, models and other project tasks. Mentors and trains junior staff in a constructive and thoughtful manner.
• Exhibits thorough understanding of complex building materials and systems, details and construction techniques, primary structural and MEPFP systems and their operation, and secondary building systems.
• Exhibits thorough understanding of zoning, building code, and other regulatory requirements as they relate to the project and checks documents for compliance. Conducts conferences with regulatory officials and prepares strategies to address interpretative issues related to building regulations.
• Participates in strategic discussion with senior management on issues that affect the Firm’s performance, perception in the marketplace, client satisfaction and profitability.
• Researches and promotes opportunities for new or innovative system applications. Actively looks for and implements techniques to improve quality of work and efficiency.
• Promotes a positive team environment with cooperative and interactive working methods and sets a high example of professionalism and leadership for junior staff