Building Talent, LLC
- Sunnyvale, CA
The Project Superintendent is responsible for all field management of assigned construction project. This will include coordination of onsite duties, proactive approach to schedule, and maintaining Company's safety program. This leadership position mentors project team members including field engineers, quality control personnel, assistant superintendents, carpenters, labors and all other field personnel. Essential Job Functions include:
- Oversees and directs construction of the project.
- Works with Project Manager in preparation of project schedule and budget.
- Organizes weekly safety meetings with employees and supervisors, where they educates foremen and subcontractors on safe, efficient, economical, and timely completion of the work.
- Conduct meetings with subordinates, subcontractors and others as appropriate in order to inform, coordinate and direct work, and assure accurate completion of all documentation including safety reports, payroll preparation, and labor unit reports.
- Inspect the work of employees and subcontractors in order to ensure construction conforms to the requirements of the Contract Documents, and the quality needed to build repeat business.
- Instruct supervisors in job direction and company policies.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Job requirements include a minimum of 5 years' experience as a Field Engineer/Superintendent with podium Condominium projects in California. Candidate should have knowledge and ability to coordinate detailed planning efforts for construction projects including schedules, safety program, and quality control of materials. Ideal candidates will also possess the following attributes:
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Other preferred skills include creative problem solving, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as a positive, "can-do" attitude.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment and problem solving skills and develop effective proactive solutions.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to complete work in a timely, organized manner.
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. This description should not be interpreted as a comprehensive job description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Saturday, March 2, 2019