Dispensary General Manager
- Detroit, MI
Our client, a multi-state Cannabis operator with assets in Michigan, Illinois, Massachusetts and Ohio, is looking for a Dispensary General Manager in Detroit to run the first store in a series of stores that will be coming to Michigan in 2019.
They are looking to build a world class team of people who are inspired by their vision and looking to take a leadership role with them as they expand nationally.
The General Manager is expected to execute the following roles and responsibilities in order to deliver consistent, positive, industry leading customer experiences and drive profitable top line sales.
- Build Talent – Attract, hire, develop, inspire and retain a team of 25+ employees.
- Drive Operational Excellence – Analyze the business and create / communicate clear action plans that optimize results and ensure effective execution of all operations activities.
- Drive Compliance – Lead a team that adheres to all cannabis state-specific rules, regulations and laws.
- Build the Brand – Build a store environment that is sharply focused on delivering exceptional in-store brand experiences.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, Hire and Staff the store. Coach, develop and maximize the success of all associates. Ensure on boarding and continued training and education is delivered. Build an inclusive high performing team.
- Analyze business, create action plans and gain buy-in from the team.
- Ensure team communication, leading weekly managers meeting and monthly team meetings.
- Drive maximum profitability by managing expense budgets, including deposits, accounts receivable and profit and loss.
- Direct inventory activities resolving all discrepancies in accordance with MI law.
- Oversee operational execution, ensuring all policies and procedures are being followed.
- Ensures all technology solutions are working and functioning as designed.
- Ensure loss prevention / security policies and practices are being followed.
- Become an expert in all cannabis state-specific rules, regulations and laws. Execute and enforce compliance.
- Develop and drive proactive internal compliance controls and processes.
- Ensure all employees are up to date on regulatory changes.
- Foster positive and productive relationships with key regulators, inspectors and law enforcement personnel.
- Lead a consistent focus on customer loyalty and creating emotionally engaging customer experiences.
- Ensure visual standards are set in accordance with company direction.
- Direct the implementation of customer engagement strategies.
- Build a highly satisfied and loyal customer base..
- Oversees and signs off on product buys from our wholesale partners.
- Ensures the website and live menu is up to date and maintained.
- Leads and champions change and innovation in a fast moving environment.
Skills and Requirements:
- Must have Cannabis Experience
- 5+ years of experience in General Manager roles in retail or hospitality.
- Demonstrated success managing a location with P&L responsibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn state specific cannabis laws and regulatory compliance is required.
- Open availability and can work a flexible schedule.
- Proficiency in using MS Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Compensation: $65-80K Plus Benefits & PTO (willing to pay for relocation)
If this sounds like the position you've been waiting for, please apply online using the form or follow the link below.
All inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. ind-124
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
$65K Plus Benefits