Compliance Specialist - Cannabis
- Los Angeles, CA
Our client, a diversified cannabis company with multiple locations, is seeking a qualified Compliance and Licensing specialist with a depth of knowledge of all cannabis regulations, licensing and permitting requirements for their Los Angeles office.
Reporting to the General Council, the Compliance and Licensing Specialist will be an integral part of the corporate legal team, responsible for monitoring and tracking State cannabis rules and regulations and handling all licensing and permitting issues.
As the face of the company for all regulatory matters, the Compliance Specialist will work to build strong relationships in the regulatory and government arena, working with third party vendors on compliance issues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain cannabis related licenses and permits for all entities, working with state, county and city officials
- Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Collaborate with Legal and HR to monitor enforcement of legal standards and regulations
- Coordinate efforts with State regulators to ensure our interpretations of the State rules are accurate and pragmatic.
- Assist in assessing the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
Skills and Requirements
- BS/BA in law, finance, business administration or a related field
- JD, MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- Previous experience licensing and permitting issues required
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Familiar with SOP’s
- Project management experience preferred
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working within a regulated industry
- Previous cannabis industry experience preferred but not required
Salary Range: $60,000-80,000 Plus Full Health/Dental/Vision Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. ind-123
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
$60-80K Plus Benefits