Director of Cultivation - Cannabis
- Kingston, Jamaica
Our client, a leading international cannabis cultivator, is seeking a hands-on Director of Cultivation to design and lead the company’s large scale multi-site commercial cannabis cultivation operations in Jamaica.
The Director of Cultivation will work closely with the corporate executives to oversee all aspects of the cultivation process, from the design phase to the end product, creating SOPs, training and working closely with the cultivation team.
To be considered for this key cultivation role, the position requires an individual with excellent communication, management and leadership skills, who is open minded, flexible and comfortable living and working in the island nation of Jamaica.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, direct and implement the big picture operations for multiple large scale corporate outdoor and greenhouse grow facilities, which include: cloning, transplanting, feeding, cropping, flushing, spraying and trimming flowers.
- Create the organic cultivation procedures and nutrient protocols, and ensure that accurate records and results are presented to the appropriate executives in a timely manner.
- Develop corporate cultivation methods, and work closely with the rest of the cultivation department to develop, improve and standardize processes.
- Lead and mentor other cultivation associates in order to meet corporate performance targets.
- Assist in the development of the company’s standard operating procedures, and ensure proper training and development of employees.
- Create the corporate preventative maintenance procedures to ensure the highest quality yields without loss to fungus, disease and mold etc.
- Assist in the hiring, training, and retention of additional key management members to support and assist Cultivation Associates with labor planning, scheduling, pest control management, along with the coordination of critical business functions, such as labor management, facility management, safety programs, and licensing compliance.
- Improve cannabis plant output levels through better data tracking of alternative cultivation techniques and nutrient application.
- Track the effect of seasonal environmental fluctuations on specific cannabis strains, and how these changing conditions can be controlled and managed.
- Engage in the practice of informed and pro-active crop planning, in response to the supply and demand curve of each specific strain.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Business Management, Botany, Plant Science, Horticulture Horticulture, Plant Biology or related field
- 5-7+ years commercial agriculture experience in a large scale outdoor, greenhouse or controlled environment
- 5+ years cannabis grow experience in a large scale commercial operation
- High level of cannabis industry and market knowledge
- Ability to closely track budget expenses, understand effective product pricing, and maintain high-quality vendor relationships where needed.
- Must be a strong leader with an acute business sense
- Experience with a variety of grow mediums and irrigation methods
- Experienced team leader with a positive attitude and vision for the future
- Knowledge of crop management and commercial agriculture
- Knowledge of plant diseases, pests and health
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Compensation: $90-100K plus Bonus Potential
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. ind-123
Wednesday, April 3, 2019
$100K Plus Bonus Potential