Data Test Engineer
- Arlington, VA
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as a Data Test Engineer for the Integrated Personnel and Pay System-Army (IPPS-A). Works under minimal supervision, performs tasks related to data, regression, interface, and end-to-end testing of IPSS-A ERP using available test tools. Writes and executes interface test cases to measure data accuracy and correctness using available ETL tools. Completes root cause analyses using SQL and works with flat-files, database dumps and XML/XSD. Works with business analysts to understand the system design and works with developers to resolve defects. Works with the Senior Test Lead to ensure test processes and procedures are followed.
- Develops and executes interface test scenarios and test scripts for complex business rules using available ETL tools.
- Reviews interface design documents, analyzes requirements and works with flat files, database dumps, XML/XSD to achieve expected results.
- Perform root cause analysis, database validation, and data defect identification using SQL.
- Create/Identify test data to validate functional and technical requirements.
- Traces requirements to test cases to ensure coverage for full system integration test.
- Ensures requirements are met through data testing activities.
- Designs, develops and executes reusable test cases and procedures based on requirements relevant to data test planning and creation using HP ALM.
- Collects, tracks and reports test metrics and briefs leadership on test status.
- Coordinates the resolution of problems inhibiting test progress.
- Reviews customer requirements and specifications to ensure that tests will confirm that these are satisfied
- Bachelor's degree in Technology or related field with at least 5 years of software testing experience for the federal government.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries for database validation and data defect identification.
- Experience with the ETL process, interface/conversion, and backend testing of Oracle databases using SQL and Unix scripting.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, and software testing techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Methodologies and the SDLC.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of the Agile development process; experience with testing in an agile development environment is strongly desired.
- 2 years of PeopleSoft HCM experience with experience across the Human Resource modules; including Core HR, Self Service, Global Payroll, Benefits, Time and Labor, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and Enterprise Learning Management (ELM).
- Security + certification
- Demonstrated experience working with continuous integration environments.
- Expertise with HP Quality Center and the HP Application Life-Cycle Management Suite (Quality Center, Unified Functional Testing, Performance), and defect tracking tools.
- Experience with Oracle, Ab Initio and SQL Knowledge of PeopleSoft versions 9.1/9.2
- DOD 8750- Billet must be filled with an IAT II level contractor
Must be a US Citizen and possess a Security Clearance due to Federal Contracting Requirements
About Us: CoreSys Consulting is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) working primarily within the US Department of Defense. The CoreSys leadership team has over twenty years of project planning, execution, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. We specialize in Custom Application Development, Enterprise Architecture and Governance, DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), CIO Support, Application Transformation and Modernization, J2EE Solutions, Data Warehousing, etc. Employees are eligible to participate immediately in CoreSys Consulting Services competitive employee benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance as well as participation in our 401k program with a company match.
Thursday, June 6, 2019