Control Systems Engineer
Oak Grove Recruiting
- Fremont, CA
The Control Systems Engineer (CSE) is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of all aspects of the Control System Software for accelerator-based light source products. The successful candidate will bring a diversity of skills relevant to software engineering and controls. The CSE has a deep understanding of the EPICS control system software and is able to troubleshoot across all layers of implementation, from configuration up to GUI design. For development, the CSE must have the experience and judgment to manage and build complex systems, make architectural decisions, and support existing software. The CSE creates project break downs into its constituent parts, specifies the scope, interfaces with stakeholders, assesses risks, estimates people and time resources needed for completion.
- Develop and maintain the EPICS Control System for Compact Light Source and associated products.
- Develop and maintain software for test and measurement of components.
- Develop and maintain remote capabilities for CLS Operations and installations worldwide.
- Architect and implement automation and easy-to-use user interfaces on top of the underlying control system
- Close interaction with cross-functional team members
- Support customers and collaboration efforts.
- Develop and maintain the control systems software and hardware resources, including managing network configurations, security, and data backups.
- Help with non-software related tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Write technical specifications and procedures for software and hardware systems.
- Hold design reviews for new and improved systems.
- Constant performance and improvement assessments of company products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth, demonstrated, practical knowledge of EPICS tools and applications
- LINUX scripting and system management
- Real-time data collection is a plus
- Familiarity and experience with additional software tools and programming environments
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to set and meet personal work priorities according to assignments and company goals
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in work assignments
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent experience
- EPICS training or equivalent work experience
5 or more years implementing and maintaining EPICS distributed control system
International and domestic travel to manage vendors and support existing clients with travel percentage up to 10%. Must be able to obtain VISAs for countries in which they conduct business.