Director, IoT Platform
confidential - Global Manufacturing Co.
- Charlotte, NC
Candidates have experience in IoT and the Azure IoT Hub, and the business acumen and people skills to lead, influence, motivate and fulfill the vision to create innovative IoT enabled solutions that increase revenue, market share, and create opportunities in new markets and segments.
Committed to Winning in the Digital Era
We are a global industry standard serving thousands of enterprise customers in 150 countries. Winning in digital is our primary strategic initiative, and this role, the leader of our IoT solutions platform will be the face of our digital transformation.
This highly visible role offers unique challenges and high-impact outcomes, and offers a clear path to advance to a senior executive position responsible for all of our digital solutions.
Digital runs like a startup. We have a small in house agile group and leverage outsourced development resources for flexibility and to keep our in-house team focused on new innovation.
- Leadership: Tech-savvy execs who understand our customers and technical matters
- Projects: New, challenging and exciting projects all the time.
- Technology: We stay on the cutting-edge and continuously improve and innovate
- Impact: We solve big problems and create big opportunities for the company
- Growth: A key position in a growing company committed to your success
- Individualism: Challenge the status quo, have opinions and always challenge your own ideas
About The Role:
As the Chief Architect and Director for IoT, your primary responsibility is to create the digital strategy, vision and roadmap, providing the technical leadership to define the architecture and drive development end-to-end.
- Evaluate the digital portfolio to identify and prioritize products and accelerators that provide the highest benefit to our business teams
- Build a culture of excellence and rewarding work experience for developers, data, and advanced analytics teams
- Oversee development teams across regions
- Define architecture, preferred tech stack, and tools
- Guide the adoption of new practices and approaches to architecture, QA, infrastructure and DevOps, DataOps and security
- Develop the Development Playbook and Agile Methodology
- Review and guide efforts across development teams
Required Background and Experience
- 10+ years of technical and management experience
- Expert on the Azure platform and experience with Azure IoT Hub
- Prior experience Directing IOT enabled Digital Application development
- MBA or advanced degree in a technical discipline
- Analytical, conceptual thinker with a flexibility and creative approach to problem-solving
- Well-heeled Organizational and Leadership skills
- Engaging communication and people management style
- Prior definable results in an agile environment
- Experience with rapid prototyping and other creative mechanisms to get customer feedback and make decisions early in the development process
- Ability to work in our Fort Mill South Carolina office majority of the time
For more information about this opportunity, please apply directly or visit our website at https://oakgroverecruiting.com
- To get updates on our new career opportunities, follow https://linkedin.com/company/oak-grove-recruiting or https://linkedin.com/joeboyce