Assistant Plant Manager - Aggregate Mining and Processing
- Orlando, FL
Responsibilities will include Safety & Management of hourly and salaried employees at a surface aggregate mining and minerals processing facility. The individual will be responsible for quality control of the finished products, plant & pit (dredge) operations, mobile & fixed equipment operations, scheduling & planning of repair/maintenance and housekeeping. The Assistant Plant Manager will also develop action plans and measures to meet and/or exceed budgeted production and cost goals for this surface mining and quarrying operation. This position is a training role to potentially lead into a Plant Manager’s position for a successful candidate.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory or management experience in a salaried role in the mining industry. Prefer a minimum of 3 - 5 years industry related experience, preferably in fine aggregate operations.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma and further education (Military, College or Trade School) preferred.
- Ability to operate heavy mobile equipment.
- Ability to maintain plant and dredge equipment. Welding and cutting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities to manage and motivate plant personnel.
- Must possess strong mechanical and problem solving skills
- Possess computer skills utilizing Microsoft applications, JD Edwards, Kronos (Time Keeper) and AggQC application knowledge a plus.
- Must possess good mechanical knowledge & abilities to plan, schedule, and execute.
- Must be organized, dedicated, and possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Wednesday, January 3, 2018