Quality Control Manager - Industrial Minerals Production
- Ottawa, IL
Responsible for the execution of the Plant site Quality Control analysis process and continuous quality improvement for this silica sand minerals processing facility. Works with Operations Management Team to implement process changes including necessary documentation, corrective actions, production instructions, SOPs, etc.. Drives quality and continuous improvement throughout the production process.
- Leads investigations of Internal, Customer, and Supplier non-conformances to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Develops and maintains the American Petroleum Institute (API) Q1 Quality Management System (QMS) accreditation process.
- Works with Operations Management Team to determine where process parameter variations occur, recommending changes, as necessary, documenting analysis data.
- Maintains the gage and lab equipment and documentation, ensuring scheduled calibration of all plant and quality control test equipment are performed.
- Monitors Lab activity and documentation. Reviews testing analysis for workflow and quality issues.
- Completes and approves all Certificates of Analysis (COA’s).
- Submits periodic reports, including Inspection and First Article reports.
- Performs Internal Auditing, customer audits, and third-party audits.
- Maintains QMS documentation and data control.
- Trains employees on continuous improvement processes and QMS training.
- Maintains a positive employee environment, while properly motivating and documenting workforce performance.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and developing employees.
- Prepares performance evaluations of direct reports, providing counseling on methods of improving performance and disciplining employees when necessary, enforcing company systems, policies and procedures.
- BS in an engineering or science related field preferred.
- 5+ years Quality Control experience in the industrial minerals or related industries.
- Possess experience in QMS administration and management
- Experience in frac-sand, glass sand, or foundry sand a plus
- Experience in Statistical Process “Control (SPC) analysis and reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Monday, January 29, 2018