Area Operations Manager - Aggregates & Asphalt
- San Antonio, TX
Manage and Direct mining, ready-mix concrete and/or asphalt operations in a geographic area. Ensure that assigned plants meet or exceed operations, production, capital and cost reduction goals and objectives. Ensure that assigned facilities are in compliance with company policies, procedures, and practices. SOUTH CENTRAL UNITED STATES. COMPETITIVE BASE SALARY, BONUS LONG-TERM INCENTIVES, VEHICLE, COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE.
- Complete P&L responsibility for all operations in the region.
- Ensures that all assigned plants are in compliance with all company policies and procedures to include governmental rules and regulations.
- Member of the team ensuring that all permits and reclamation plans are current and take appropriate steps to secure new permits to expand Company mining operations at assigned plants.
- Manages and directs employee relations activities at assigned plants to ensure a high level of employee satisfaction.
- In cases where the plant is organized by a labor union, individual is responsible for ensuring a good working relationship with union and participates in all grievance administration and contract negotiations.
- Ensures that all assigned plants have zero accidents and are in total compliance with all company procedures.
- Manages and directs the annual budget process where each plant develops detailed operating budget to include capital plan and cost reduction programs.
- Works with sales in addressing customer relations and customer service requirements.
- Ensures that materials mined are processed in accordance company quality standards.
- Manages and directs the capital budget for each site ensuring all capital projects are completed according to cost projections.
- Manages and directs automation and process improvement goals to ensure that productivity and efficiency goals are met.
- Ensures that each assigned plant has a comprehensive system to track and monitor costs on a daily/monthly basis to determine performance and develop plans to address variances.
- Ensure that each plant has preventive maintenance programs for performing regular and routine maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 10+ years experience in the construction materials industry with a track record of progressive responsibility and successful operations management.
- Understanding of aggregate plant operation with a focus on aggregate, asphalt and/or ready mix concrete plant operations and equipment required.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance principles and practices.
- Effectively interface with all levels of people and knowledge of modern motivational principles and practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of modern purchasing and procurement practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of labor relations and collective bargaining.
- Firm knowledge and understanding of engineering technologies and practices to improve efficiencies and reduce operating costs.
- Establish and measure performance standards for technical support groups.
Monday, March 12, 2018