- Eau Claire, WI
REQUIREMENTS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
To be eligible for this classification, certain skills and abilities are required; a qualified candidate must:
- Demonstrate dependability and leadership abilities.
- Must demonstrate a professional and cooperative work attitude.
- Set the example in terms of safe work practices, performance, attitude, and work ethic for all other department members to emulate.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a crew of other employees in any assignment and complete the work with minimal supervision.
- Work to maintain the necessary spare parts inventory to ensure minimal downtime in times of equipment failure.
- Oversee maintenance activities at all terminal sites.
- Must possess the knowledge to troubleshoot and direct personnel on repairs of mobile equipment.
- Determine servicing intervals on all plant associated equipment, tracking data to develop expected component life expectancies.
- Consistently be able to communicate to qualified mechanics the scope and function of any fabrication work required for mechanical installations.
- Consistently perform all assignments/repairs as directed without supervision and instruct others to complete tasks necessary with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of, and teach the advanced principles of rigging for lifting and transporting any piece of plant equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize mechanical projects and carry the project from design concept through completion with minimal supervision.
- Maintain proper tooling levels and ensure tooling is maintained within the parameters of the company's safety programs and practices.
- Continually review, correction and implementation of all mechanical PM programs.
- Continually mentor co-workers in mechanical troubleshooting.
- Promote safe work practices in all conditions and circumstances.
- Consistently practice good housekeeping principles and reinforce these principles to others.
- Continually participate in the plant’s safety programs, i.e. volunteer to serve on the Safety Committee, participate in safety projects, present safety huddles for the Maintenance Team.
- 10+ years related maintenance experience preferred.
Tuesday, October 10, 2017