Electrical Controls Engineer - Bulk Material Handling Systems
- Ottawa, IL
Responsible for programming, assisting with installation, checkout, troubleshooting, and supporting the automated systems for mineral processing and bulk material handling systems. MIDWEST US LOCATION. COMPETITIVE BASE SALARY, BONUS, PROFIT SHARING, 401K, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE, COMPREHENSIVE MEDICAL BENEFITS AND MORE.
Design and program new automated control systems for bulk materials processing plants. Responsible for programming, assisting with installation, checkout, troubleshooting, and supporting the automated systems. Additional duties include designing PLC panels and knowledge of information systems terminology. The successful candidate will be very innovative and knowledgeable in applying electrical/control improvements to plant processes.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering required, with an emphasis on computer engineering, controls or power. Professional Engineering license a plus
- 3+ years related experience
- Knowledge and experience with design and installation of 480V power distribution, familiarity with MCC's, VFD's, soft starters, motor controls, electric motors and have the ability to troubleshoot electrical controls.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, including to understand and offer assistance over the phone for electrical issues. Strong organizational, time management, , and troubleshooting skills
- Assist with installation of controls, checkout, and startup of Automation Installations.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel on short notice as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Autocad, and Visual Studio. Ability to document technical procedures and processes is a must
- Must be motivated, a team player, and be able to keep up with the latest technology
Tuesday, February 13, 2018