Quality Assurance / Quality Control Manager
- Eau Claire, WI
The Quality Assurance / Quality Control Manager is responsible for the execution of the Plant site Quality Control analysis process and continuous quality improvement for this silica sand minerals processing facility. Works closely with the General Manager, Plant Managers and Production Supervision to implement process changes including necessary documentation, corrective actions, production instructions, pictorials, SOPs. Drives quality and continuous improvement throughout the production process.
- Develops and maintains the American Petroleum Institute (API) Q1 Quality Management System (QMS) accreditation process.
- Manages the Quality Control Lab Tech teams at all plant facilities.
- Leads investigations of Internal, Customer, and Supplier non-conformances to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Works with the General Manager, Plant Managers, and Production Supervisors to determine where process parameter variations occur, recommending changes, as necessary, documenting analysis data.
- Maintains the gage and lab equipment and documentation, ensuring scheduled calibration of all plant and quality control test equipment are performed.
- Monitors Lab activity and documentation. Reviews testing analysis for workflow and quality issues.
- Completes and approves all Certificates of Analysis (COA’s).
- Submits periodic reports, including Inspection and First Article reports.
- Performs Internal Auditing, customer audits and third party audits.
- Maintains QMS documentation and data control.
- Trains employees on continuous improvement processes and QMS training.
- Maintains a positive employee environment, while properly motivating and documenting workforce performance.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and developing employees.
- Prepares performance evaluations of direct reports, providing counseling on methods of improving performance and disciplining employees when necessary, enforcing company systems, policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties as required.
- BS in chemical, mining, mechanical engineering or related preferred but proven experience/results are weighed equally.
- 5+ years Quality Control experience within the industrial minerals industry.
- Possess experience in QMS administration and management
- Experience in frac-sand, glass sand, or foundry sand a plus
- Experience managing/leading teams
- Experience in Statistical Process “Control (SPC) analysis and reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Committed to continuous process improvement, while maintaining safe and efficient plant operation
- Skilled in setting up, tracking and documenting results
- Capable of reading and evaluating engineering drawings
- Data entry/database navigation; word processing; spreadsheets; plan/drawing reviews
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills to support change management and root cause analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work with and train others
- Knowledge and understanding of MSHA regulation in an industrial setting
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Comfortable working in an industrial plant environment; need to be hands-on and frequently active in plant operations
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
Sunday, September 24, 2017