Area Rail Operations Logistics Manager
- Houston, TX
Complete P&L responsibility for the management of approximately 10 construction materials sales yards and a fleet of approximately 1,000 rail cars. SOUTH CENTRAL US LOCATION. COMPETITIVE BASE SALARY, BONUS, LONG-TERM INCENTIVES, VEHICLE, COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE.
- Ensure that assigned operations meet or exceed budget goals and objectives.
- Ensure that all assigned operations are in compliance with company policies, and governmental rules and regulations.
- Work with Sales Management in negotiating yard leases.
- Serve as a member of the team responsible for negotiating and managing contracts and agreements with rail, barge, and truck transportation partners.
- Works closely with Division resources to ensure that all permits are current, and work with our environmental department to secure any new permits.
- Works closely with other team members to ensure correct products and inventory levels are maintained to ensure there are no disruptions to customers' material requirements.
- Must be able to foster relationships with all landlords and third party yard operations.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Truck, Rail, Barge transportation modes.
- Manages and directs employee relations activities at assigned operations to ensure a high level of employee satisfaction.
- Ensures that all assigned operations have zero accidents and are in total compliance safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the annual budget process where each operation develops a detailed operating budget to include capital plan and cost reduction programs.
- Works with sales in addressing customer relations and customer service requirements to ensure Operations meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Manages and directs improvement goals and objectives for assigned operations to ensure that productivity and efficiency goals and objectives are met.
- Track and monitor cost on a daily/monthly basis to determine performance and develop plans to address variances.
- Ensure that each operation performs preventive maintenance routinely.
- Bachelors degree in logistics, supply chain management or related degree preferred.
- 10+ years related logistics experience with an emphasis on rail transportation.
- Strong experience negotiating and manage contracts and agreements with rail, barge, and truck transportation partners.
- Modern management practices with knowledge of manufacturing principles and practices.
- Effectively interface with all levels of people and knowledge of modern motivational principles and practices.
- Understanding of engineering technologies and practices to improve efficiencies and reduce operating costs.
- Adapt programs to motivate and reward people toward higher levels of performance.
Monday, March 12, 2018