Regional Production Manager - Mining & Minerals Processing
- Eau Claire, WI
Responsible for the overall mine planning, plant operations, and production in Wisconsin. This position oversees Wisconsin Plant Managers ensuring that production is aligned with the organization’s overall strategy. The successful candidate is analytical, organized, and able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Oversees plant production (throughput, gradations, reclamation) and overall mining operations (equipment and labor allocation)
- Establishes mining operation strategies to support short and/or long-range planning and production goals.
- Works closely with Plant Managers to ensure that projects are implemented in the field and production goals are established and met.
- Promotes and manages continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Works closely with the Safety Manager to foster a safety-focused culture
- Formulates budgets for both OPEX and CAPEX for the WI plants, providing fiscal justifications and implements, subsequent to approval
- Operates within the delegation of authority to review and approve purchase orders, operating expenditures, reimbursements, disposal of assets, etc.
- Monitors current plant performance and status, from the mine to rail loadout, and provides regular, frequent updates to management.
- Monitor plant uptime availability and operating efficiencies, identifying and proposing proactive measures for improvement
- Completes special projects as assigned
- A minimum of ten (10) years operations management and leadership experience in silica, industrial minerals, aggregate or a similar operating environment.
- Progressive leadership experience gained over at least eight (8) years in a processing plant environment preferred.
- BS in Engineering, Business or equivalent preferred; MBA desirable
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communications
- Financial acumen with strong budgeting background
- Experience managing/leading teams
- Experience in SPC analysis and reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Manages multiple direct reports including Plant Managers and Operations Specialist and indirect reports including plant employees and process control staff.
Thursday, March 22, 2018