Production Supervisor - Silica Sand Mining and Processing
- Eau Claire, WI
First shift production supervisor for this non-union 1M+ tpy silica sand mining and processing operation.
- Demonstrate dependability and leadership abilities.
- Must demonstrate a professional and cooperative work attitude.
- Set the example in terms of safe work practices, performance, attitude, and work ethic for all other department members to emulate.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a crew of other employees in any assignment and complete the work with minimal supervision.
- Work to track and maintain necessary product inventories daily, monthly, and annually.
- Oversee all aspects of their assigned production area.
- Must possess the ability to positively coach and mentor employees.
- Consistently be able to communicate to other departments to maintain plant efficiencies in all areas.
- Track and complete daily production tracking and reporting.
- Must possess the ability to work with manufacturers and /or vendors to maintain technical training standards for their assigned employees and production area.
- Work with the Maintenance Department to maintain plant equipment and availabilities.
- Maintain proper inventory of production supplies.
- Continually work to improve plant production key indicators and efficiencies.
- Promote safe work practices in all conditions and circumstances.
- Consistently practice good housekeeping principles and reinforce these principles to others.
- Continually participate in the plant’s safety programs, i.e. volunteer to serve on the Safety Committee, participate in safety projects, present safety huddles for the Production Team.
- 3+ years previous operations management experience in heavy industry with a preference towards the mining and minerals processing industry.
- BS degree in engineering or related field preferred but not necessary in exchange for strong related work experience.
- Previous experience working with MSHA and other related State and Federal agencies a plus.
- Strong ability to lead, coach and mentor hourly employees.
Tuesday, May 29, 2018