- Chicago, IL
Responsible for maintaining short, medium, and long-term mine planning for silica mining operations. The Mining Engineer will work closely with Production Manager and contract engineers to maintain mining permits, update and implement reclamation plans, assist with verification and reconciliation of production volumes, report annual reserves, and identify potential efficiency improvements and cost savings in areas pertaining to mining engineering. MIDWEST US LOCATION. COMPETITIVE BASE SALARY, PROFIT SHARING, 401K, COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE.
- Create and update pit designs using appropriate standards.
- Contribute to design of reclamation plans.
- Identify areas for potential cost-savings and/or increased efficiencies.
- Interface with consultants for mine planning, reclamation and permitting.
- Provide estimates of reclamation costs for calculation.
- Verify reserve volumes as required.
- Identify and manage consultants as required for mine planning, reclamation and permitting.
- Review all mine and reclamation plans.
- B.S. or higher degree in Mining Engineering or related technical degree with minimum three years’ experience in mine planning. Surface mining experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of mine planning computer applications.
- Experience working on teams and as an individual contributor to company objectives.
- Ability to manage internal and external relationships.
- Must be meticulous and able to work independently.
- Must possess a strong understanding of mining equipment, geology, and mine safety procedures.
Tuesday, April 10, 2018