Director of Food Strategic Sourcing
ROI Search Group
- Nashville, TN
ROI Search Group is an executive recruiting and consulting firm based in Indianapolis with work nationwide. With a belief that people are an organization’s most important asset, the approach to both company and candidate screening to acquire the most qualified talent in the life science and healthcare sector is unique by design. Drawing upon seasoned experience, ROISG’s proprietary methods provide a better understanding of client goals, job requirements and company culture.
Our client is in search of a high-performing and successful Director, Food Strategic Sourcing role. They are in search of an innovative supply chain leader with a large organization experience. The Director, Food Strategic Sourcing will partner with food/nutrition board members to develop contracts with vendors. This position will be charged with negotiating new vendor contracts for higher volume at a reduced cost while working within a specified budget.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Negotiates industry leading national agreements for the group purchasing organization in the Food and Nutrition products and services.
- Develop and implement strategy and support methods for continued improvement of purchased goods and source the optimal portfolio of products to ensure the best value.
- Leverage relationship with supply partners for innovation and growth. Lead and manage new opportunities, ensuring the execution from start to finish.
- Oversee strategic for supplier development, negotiations and bid administration. Monitor metrics to improve performance of organization and suppliers.
- Led all negotiations, new and existing contracts, ensuring optimal food pricing and products.
- Partner and build relationships with key stakeholders to create a synergy work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in negotiation and management of contracts. Ideal candidate will have experience in strategic sourcing and negotiating a variety of contracts with Food and Nutrition. Experience with other commercial categories outside Food is a plus.
- Food contracting, sourcing and negotiation skills required.
- Food distribution experience required.
- Food service experience required.
- Experience in food procurement/supply chain company dealing with vendors and distributors.
- Must be able to travel domestically, approximately 25% of time.
Tuesday, October 16, 2018