Pharmacy Clinical Manager
ROI Search Group
- Hopewell, VA
ROI Search Group is an executive recruiting and consulting firm based in Indianapolis with work nationwide. With a belief that people are an organization’s most important asset, the approach to both company and candidate screening to acquire the most qualified talent in the life science and healthcare sector is unique by design. Drawing upon seasoned experience, ROISG’s proprietary methods provide a better understanding of client goals, job requirements and company culture.
Our client is in search of a high-performing and successful Pharmacy Clinical Manager for a community hospital with 147 beds. The Pharmacy Clinical Manager will be responsible for providing leadership to pharmacy team members and will assist with managing in the absence of the Pharmacy Director.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for designing, implementing and managing the pharmacy clinical programs. This includes overseeing the preparation for the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, formulary management, policy and procedure development and education across the healthcare spectrum
- Interpret orders and transcribes or verifies them accurately and efficiently into the pharmacy computer system
- Accurately compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals
- Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose
- Provide clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed.
- Sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promotes rational drug therapy selection
- Bachelor’s degree or Pharm D. from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy required
- Pharmacist applicants must be licensed in the state of Virginia or able to obtain licensure within 30 days of hire
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in hospital pharmacy
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in management preferred OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience accepted in lieu of management experience
Thursday, October 4, 2018