ROI Search Group
- Fort Wayne, IN
ROI Search Group is a leadership consulting and executive search firm. We believe that people are an organization's most important asset, therefore, our approach to both company and candidate screening to acquire the most qualified talent is unique by design. Drawing upon seasoned experience, ROI Search Group’s proprietary methods provide a better understanding of client goals, job requirements and company culture.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is looking for a seasoned Senior Estimator to join their Estimating team in Fort Wayne, Indiana. This role will be accountable for the management of assigned estimating projects to ensure timely completion of a complete scope of work is documented and analyzed. The Senior Estimator is responsible for organizing bid solicitations from subcontractors and suppliers, quantitative analysis of project specific elements, reviewing project schedule, costing, risk analysis and understanding project specifications including contract language.
The ideal Senior Estimator will have conceptional estimating experience with experience in industrial, healthcare, education, or commercial as well as have general trades background. In addition, the successful candidate will have a skill for cultivating relationships.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Identify type of work, resource availability, competitive advantages, etc. Define risk and monetary adjustments necessary to perform the specific work in compliance with company goals and volume expectations.
- Initiate and/or facilitate meetings with trade subcontractors and suppliers to obtain proper scopes and maximum value.
- Lead turn-over meetings for projects that have been contracted to achieve a complete understanding of project scope, contract requirements and all other related project expectations.
- Participate in project close-out meetings to obtain knowledge of project through the asking of questions and listening to those involved in the project for collection of historical information, update productivity/cost to our data base and evaluate vendor performance.
- Analyze proposal specifications, drawings, and attends pre-bid meetings to determine project related scope and contractual obligations based on project requirements for a complete bid.
- Participate in construction meetings and/or voluntarily site visits prior to bidding to establish an understanding of logistics and conditions of a project.
- Correspond/communicate with architects, engineers and owners as required to understand intent and expectations pertaining to project.
- Organize bid day activities including but not limited to coordinating individual bid runner, review of bid forms, Sage software set-up, bid tab and alternate tab set-up and correspond with bid day team on individual assignments, etc., for the attainment of a successful bid day procedure.
- Participate in hard bidding of commercial and institutional projects.
- Bachelor's degree in construction, civil engineering, or related field is preferred but not required.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- Must have experience with estimating software, preferably Timberline.
- Take Off Software experience is required, preferably with On Screen Take Off.
- Invite Software experience is required, preferably with SmartBid.
- ProCore experience is preferred but not required
- Must be well versed with Microsoft Office Suite products.
Tuesday, March 10, 2020