- San Diego, CA
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer to work within a DoD Purchasing team, located in San Diego, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interprets and develops purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable government regulations.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes.
- Review and analysis of statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Leads cost and pricing reviews with program management and customers.
- Identifies, develops and selects qualified suppliers and evaluates supplier reliability.
- Follows up, expedites, and negotiates changes relative to delivery and supplier performance.
- Ensures competitive and sole source procurements meet contract/subcontract objectives/directives, timetables and documentation requirements.
- Conducts major procurement negotiations.
- Reviews, interprets, and makes recommendations regarding negotiated terms and conditions.
- Reviews and analyzes suppliers’ bids and performs cost and/or price analysis.
- Identifies purchasing issues and provides leadership in developing innovation solutions.
- Represents the organization as a primary purchasing consultant on assigned contracts/subcontracts to internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Makes presentations to internal and external representatives as required.
- Provides guidance and leadership to less experienced professional purchasing and support staff.
- Participate in the selection, development, and training of purchasing staff.
- Validates purchase requisitions, selects or recommends suppliers, develops and solicits bids, analyzes and evaluates responses, negotiates prices and other terms, monitors delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Acts as a resource for available or potential suppliers and reviews and evaluates their operations to validate cost, quality, reliability, and ability to meet schedule and program requirements.
- Interprets established policies, procedures, and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure that purchasing activities achieve desired objectives and timetables.
- Performs others duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration or related discipline along with six or more years of progressive professional purchasing experience. Equivalent professional purchasing experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a comprehensive and thorough understanding of purchasing theories, concepts and principles.
- Experience with FAR and related governmental rules and regulations; and experience demonstrating a broad application of those theories, concepts, principles and regulations.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of unusually complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings and communicate new concepts to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties; (4) the ability to organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases; (5) the ability to lead less experienced professional employees on projects; and, (6) excellent computer skills.
- SAP experience is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Travel as required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Wednesday, September 25, 2019