NDT Inspector II - IR, Composites
- Poway, California
We have an exciting opportunity for an NDT Inspector within the Quality Department of our client located in San Diego, CA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs Nondestructive testing (NDT) and inspections of various non-metallic (composite) and metallic materials, parts, assemblies, or structures utilizing a variety of NDT instruments, methods and techniques, with Ultrasonic Testing (UT) of composites being the primary method utilized. Additionally performs inspections using one or more of the following methods of inspection: Electromagnetic Testing (ET), Magnetic Testing (MT), Penetrant Testing (PT), Radiographic Testing (RT), Infrared Thermography (IR), and Laser Shearography (ST) as necessary
- Inspects machined parts, components, assemblies and materials to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory guidelines (Military Standards, ASTM and ANSI, and ASME Codes) and ascertains product conformity, condition, or serviceability
- Sets up and calibrates Nondestructive inspection instruments prior to, during, and at the completion of inspection processes as directed by approved inspection procedures and techniques
- Performs with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, NDT/NDI inspections
- Documents inspection results and provides various electronic and hard copy test and inspection reports to appropriate parties, including project engineers for product disposition
- May observe third party inspection processes to provide oversight and ensure compliance with requirements
- May be required to interact with regulatory agencies and customers, including their auditors or inspectors during audit activities and provide responses to their inquiries related to inspection and calibration activities
- Schedules and routes instruments and other equipment or tools requiring calibration to calibration laboratory or vendor to ensure proper performance, accuracy, and reliability.
- May prepare, update, or maintain a calibration database
- Monitors and verifies quality by means of statistical process or other control procedures and compiles related quality matrix reports
- Coordinates the procurement of equipment, consumable materials, and services as necessary to maintain uninterrupted inspection capabilities
- Responsible for maintaining communication with managers, engineers, production control personnel, department supervisors, and NDT group leadership to effectively support production objectives and proactively address concerns or limitations.
- Typically requires an associate’s degree, trade school certification, military training, or equivalent qualification training in NDT inspection methods and five or more years of relevant experience.
- Prerequisites for immediate certification as an Infrared Thermography (IR) Level 2 inspector is required.
- Must have the documented prerequisite formal training, and On-the-Job training, and experience requirements to qualify for Level 2 NDT certification per American Society For Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) SNT-TC-1A or Aerospace Industries Association (AIA) AIA-NAS-410 certification guidelines.
- Additional prerequisites for certification in Ultrasonic Testing (UT), Electromagnetic Testing (ET), Magnetic Testing (MT), Penetrant Testing (PT), Radiographic Testing (RT), and Laser Shearography (ST) are desired.
- Experience with Movitherm Infrared Thermography (IR) equipment is highly desired.
- Proof of current or previous certifications in NDT methods with at least three years of on the job experience in the inspection of composite products and assemblies is preferred.
- Possess a working knowledge of “Wet” layup and “Prepreg” composite materials and fabrication methods.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications and perform mathematical computations.
- Must possess strong computer skill for effective communication and record keeping.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and guard sensitive information.
- U.S. citizenship required.
Wednesday, September 25, 2019