NDT Technician II
- El Cajon, CA
Direct opportunity to join one of the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace suppliers. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, serving over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. Our client designs and manufactures innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About The Opportunity
Under minimal supervision, performs basic nondestructive testing to verify the structural integrity of metallic and/or nonmetallic structures. Uses conventional and automated ultrasonic, radiographic, eddy current and other NDT test methods, e.g., FPI. Organizes and oversees group activities and provides guidance to other technicians. Qualifies and certifies all NDT personnel as applicable.
- Conducts and documents tests on parts and assemblies to verify product conformance.
- Identifies opportunities for improving processes, procedures or equipment.
- Interfaces with engineers, peers, or internal customers for assistance and identification of requirements to resolve manufacturing related process problems.
- Develops and approves NDT techniques.
- May provide approved NDT technique sheets.
- Organizes, reports, and maintains records of NDT inspection results.
- Assures that all records for systems controls are properly maintained.
- Performs Level I responsibilities as required.
- Performs adequate surveillance to assure compliance of the NDT Quality system to all applicable customer quality documents and/or assure the facility properly performs the NDT process for which the NDT Quality System Certification has been issued.
- Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals, by providing leadership in issues that involve “cost, quality, process, schedule and people”.
- Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully complies with the Company Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government" in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Associate degree of applied science in nondestructive testing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience & Qualifications
- Requires a minimum of 6 years experience in the nondestructive testing discipline.
- Experience preferred in the nondestructive testing of metallic and/or nonmetallic materials.
- Must acquire and maintain nondestructive testing certification by passing required certification written and practical examinations.
- ASNT Level III certification a plus.
- Requires certification as a Level II in any one NDT method or as a Level II in two NDT methods.
- Certification in fracture critical, qualified in processor maintenance and the ability to perform visual weld inspection are considered a plus (reference AWSQC 1).
- Other skills include knowledge of conventional and automated, robotic testing systems, good communications and computer skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
Mental and Physical Demands
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English instructions
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Withstand loud noise of a machine shop environment
- Good vision with correction-must not be color blind-NDT only
Tuesday, January 14, 2020