Director of Subcontracts and Procurement
- Rancho Bernardo, CA
World’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Director of Subcontracts and Procurement located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.. This position is responsible for directing the development of subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services under a government, commercial, or international contract(s).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct management and program managers on procurement issues relating to government, commercial and international subcontracts.
- Manage subcontract policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and compliance with appropriate laws and regulations while meeting company objectives. Recommend modifications to operating policies as needed.
- Direct work assignments and provide guidance to staff while ensuring subcontracts processes meet assigned timelines.
- Review confidentiality agreements, license agreements and other documentation for conformance to business objectives, company policies, economic conditions, and for compliance to laws and government regulations.
- Direct the subcontracts portion of proposal preparation.
- Perform a final review and evaluation of RFP/RFQs, source selection decisions, price analyses and other subcontract documentation.
- Direct the development and implementation of creative solutions to highly complex subcontracts issues.
- Act as primary contact for subcontracts activities and issues. Represent the company with subcontractors and suppliers, potential subcontractors and suppliers, and government representatives.
- Direct the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required management and professional talent.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite, SAP, and other applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in business, law, or a related field and fifteen or more years of progressively complex experience in contracts/subcontracts with at least nine of those years managing contracts/subcontracts processes and personnel.
- May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of government/commercial/international contract/subcontract administration principles, concepts, and practices as well as comprehensive contract/subcontract management and leadership skills.
- Must have a thorough understanding of applicable laws and regulations including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), FAR supplements and the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
- Must possess the ability to resolve unusually complex management and technical problems while serving as spokesperson on assigned projects and/or programs.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
Wednesday, September 25, 2019