- Rancho Bernardo, CA
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Contracts Administrator to work within the Contracts team of our client, located in Rancho Bernardo, CA. Under limited direction, this position is responsible for supporting one or more business units in the management of contracts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and customer solicitation requirements.
- Identifies contract issues and responds to a variety of complex inquiries while providing leadership in developing innovative solutions.
- Participates in and may lead negotiating and modifying standard contracts and assists in negotiating and modifying non-standard contracts.
- Reviews drafts as necessary, and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure, teaming, license, and memorandum of understanding agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- May participate in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customer representatives.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts, including export considerations.
- Manages large and complex Department of Defense contracts; contract types include but are not limited to CPFF, CPAF, CPIF, Cost reimbersauble, T&M, FFP, and contracts awarded under OTAs
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- Makes presentations as required and acts as a primary contact with customers and outside organizations.
- Represents the organization as the primary administrative contact on assigned contracts.
- Provides direction to professional or technical staff on contract matters.
- May participate in the selection, development, and training of contract staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite and other applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in contract administration or a related discipline, along with six or more years of progressive professional experience in contract administration.
- ?Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Experience with large and complex Department of Defense contracts, variety of contract types, and contract pricing is preferred.
- Must have a thorough understanding of contract principles, theories, concepts, and regulations, and experience demonstrating a broad application of those practices, techniques, and standards under the Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings and new concepts to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties; (4) the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate multiple work phases; (5) the ability to lead less experienced professional employees; and, (6) excellent computer skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Security clearance is desired.
- US citizenship required.
Wednesday, September 25, 2019