Business Systems Analyst
- San Diego, CA
Experience Level Mid-Level (3-7 years)
With limited direction, this position gathers and documents business requirements then conducts software inspection, testing, and validation. Reviews software design and change specification to ensure software design meets acceptable standards and program objectives. Develops, modifies, and executes software testing plans, some of which may be complex. May lead and provide consultation for the analysis and development of design documentation, test standards and procedures for software development and maintenance. Participates in and may advise the development of software quality design, testing, operating methods, and processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather and document business requirements and support senior Business Analysts in meeting team objectives.
- Liaises with stakeholders, business and technical teams to gather requirements, present new process designs, and manage a variety of activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- May participate in the development/updating of test standards and procedures software development and software testing.
- Reviews software design and functional specifications for software inspection, testing, verification, and/or validation.
- Develops, modifies and executes software testing plans for assigned software.
- Conducts software inspections, testing, verification, and validation of assigned software.
- Develops documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modifying software. Analyzes test results to ensure the quality of existing functionality, and recommends corrective action.
- Provides feedback for the technical appraisal of the tested software program(s), and monitors its deployment across the appropriate system(s).
- May represent the organization as a test analyst with customers and other groups or organizations.
- May provide training or direction to less experienced staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
Wednesday, March 11, 2020