- Manchester, NH, United States
The Compliance Manager will have lead responsibility for the efficient and compliant on-boarding and renewal of employee and company paperwork. The Compliance Manager is a trusted resource on state regulations, serving as a resident Subject Matter Expert. The Compliance Manager will be obsessed with efficient processes and with serving internal “customers”, and will share our passion for wellness and our commitment to excellence.
The Compliance Manager will work closely with existing management and staff in New Hampshire and will be supported by Temescal executives. The Compliance Manager will oversee compliance at three Temescal Wellness locations in NH: Manchester, Dover, and Lebanon (two dispensaries and a cultivation-and-manufacturing facility). Depending on prior experience, the candidate will be eligible for a base salary in the range of $50-65K per year, cash bonus, and subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits. The Company will offer relocation reimbursement.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter showing track record of achieving the results envisioned in this job description, preferably in another high-growth, highly-regulated industry (e.g., health care, security/law enforcement, financial services, food and beverage manufacturing).
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Comply with all applicable government regulations and Company policies and procedures, and ensure accountability for same among staff, including sanitation, security, workplace safety, confidentiality, and seed-to-sale software requirements, among others.
- Engender a positive, “start-up-ready” culture among all teammates of excellence, analytical rigor, polite persistence, and respectful candor.
- Serve fellow employees as an in-house expert on state regulations. Provide research and analysis, balancing the requirements of regulators, the operating needs of the business, and the preferences of patients.
- Assist with employee on-boarding, and with subsequent renewals, including:
- State-specific background checks, drug tests, and fingerprints
- Company background checks
- Employee emergency contact info, I-9, and copies of IDs
- Employee acknowledgements (e.g., Handbook, company policies)
- Coordinate enrollment in employee benefits
- Coordinate various other items for new employees (e.g., building access controls, such as key fobs; business cards; email and digital calendar accounts).
- Keep employees and managers informed on progress of on-boarding new employees and renewals.
- Maintain secure paper and electronic copies of all relevant records.
- Maintain “Master File” of SOPs, make edits as instructed, and provide documents as needed for license renewals.
- Work with third-party vendors, as needed. Help select and implement software (e.g., Complia, Symplifya).
- Aid staff in preparing for audits and, as needed, assist state and local governmental auditors and law enforcement with their audits.
- Assist with developing and providing training, and with oversight and audits to ensure compliance with regulations and company policies.
- Lead by example in identifying process improvement opportunities, proposing solutions, building consensus and helping to implement agreed-upon changes. Present findings and recommendations, including expected outcomes and implementation plans, to management and staff in a concise and persuasive manner. Effectively and efficiently document, collaborate and persuade by using a wide range of audio and visual communication tools, including spreadsheets, word processing, email, calendars, text, chat, webinars, seed-to-sale, and other software, etc.
- Perform the following physical tasks:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Bend, squat and stoop, twist and bend the neck and waist and reach above and below shoulder height to grasp objects
- Bend and lift loads of up to fifty (50) lbs
- Use hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- The candidate will travel, including for meeting regulators, meeting employees, and to conduct training and audits at Company facilities.
- Assist with any other tasks or responsibilities that are assigned to you. This job description describes the general requirements for this job and is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned from time to time by your supervisor.
Temescal Wellness is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by law.
Thursday, March 8, 2018
Range of $50-65K per year