Principal Software Architect
- Boston, MA
Our client is the leading provider of actionable data for better decisions. They collect and analyze online and in-store data with unmatched speed, scale, and accuracy through a network of consumers rewarded for completing specific actions. The platform then blends these insights with advanced workflow software to drive business value for brands and retailers. Using a unique combination of data science and human validation, they offer integrated solutions for every aspect of retail, all in one place.
Are you are experienced in designing and building rapidly growing cloud-based platforms in public clouds at scale? Do you love solving tough business challenges with elegant technical solutions? If so this is the right opportunity for you.
We are a fast-paced, dynamic (and fun) organization looking to define a new type of retail decision support solution for retailers. You’ll own our in-store data collection platform architecture and be the key contributor on the in-store technology team as they embark on a major new initiative to create omni-channel solutions for our customers.
- Own, evangelize and extend our in-store technology vision to support our new omni-channel focus
- Provide guidance and mentorship to our mobile, web, backend and DevOps engineering teams
- Contribute meaningfully to our codebase as needed to deliver significant new projects
- Partner with other product, engineering, and business leaders to define project requirements
- Own the technical and non-functional requirements of significant new feature work
- Review all significant new implementations for adherence to technology standards and best practices
- Research, prototype, and review new technologies and solutions that would add value to the business
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and knowledge
- 8+ years overall software development experience / 2+ years in an architect/technical leadership role
- Excellent computer science fundamentals: OOD/OOP, algorithms, data structures, etc.
- Experience implementing evolutionary design working within an agile methodology
- Prior successful delivery of a cloud-based distributed system (SOA or microservices)
- Deep expertise across front-end, back-end and database technologies
- Infrastructure automation/DevOps experience in a Linux-based environment
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and communication skills
- Intellectually curious, with a passion for continuous learning and growing professionally
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
- Demonstrated drive/passion/hunger to build a successful product and company
Things That Will Really Catch Their Eye:
- Experience architecting and building native mobile app solutions for iOS and/or Android
- Knowledge of Docker, Amazon ECS, or related containerization solutions
- Experience with machine learning, image recognition, or OCR technologies
- Interest in data warehousing, analytics, modeling, and data visualization tools
- Understanding of geospatial/PostGIS technologies
ONLY CANDIDATES CURRENTLY LIVING IN OR WILLING TO RELOCATE TO BOSTON PLEASE. UNFORTUNATELY, SPONSORSHIP OF ANY KIND IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Thursday, April 5, 2018
150000 - 200,000